As I ponder what is to come in the next year, I was reminded of this post where our family each chose one word to focus on throughout 2011. My word was "listen" which I feel has really come to a head in the last couple of weeks. I have been listening to the Lord and have heard Him speak to me in beautiful and creative ways. Besides through His word, which has been encouraging, comforting and specifically speaking to our situation, other people, my children and books have helped me to hear my Father speak to my heart.
I starting reading the book Radical by David Platt and my life was changed. Bill also had a huge change in his heart after reading the book. While overly simplistic in many ways, the main points of the book speak to the commandment that we have received from the Lord as Christians.
I do not know what is going to happen in the upcoming months or year, but I do know that I choose to continue listening. I desire to hear Him more now that I have heard Him so clearly and so often.
One accomplishment I am proud of from 2011 is reading through the New Testament. I am starting the Old Testament in 2012, but it will be a two year plan for me (I figure there's no hurry). I love reading through His word - and it is amazing how fresh and new I find everything that I have read before as I read it again.
But, for the year 2012, what one word will I choose for our family, overall? Offhand I think I'll choose SLEEP. Sleep seems to evade us. Hudson is one of those rare kids who can't cry because if he does cry for more than three minutes he will vomit. So, we have to keep him close and snuggle often. It's not such a bad prescription for his issue, but it does mean lots of waking up overnight and very little sleep. I hope our entire family will sleep more in 2012.
What's your word?
No comments:
Post a Comment