Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summer

Having fun with a dear friend at Marbles Museum in Raleigh

Summer is flying by just as I thought it would - faster than any of us want.  We're not even done with June and July is already booked up.  I am grabbing moments here and there to finish old projects or organize new ones, but it's still not enough time.

We have been busy seeking God's will on so many levels in our home.  We are still waiting to hear about the little girl Sam sponsored with the Children's Heart Project.  She is scheduled to have surgery in August some time and we are faithfully praying for her.  Carolina's biggest desire is that this little girl get a large cupcake after her surgery.  Apparently she's under the impression that if a child has surgery, they need a large cupcake.  Sam, on the other hand, is praying for her to have fun at the hospital and enjoy her surgeon.  It's sweet, really, to see their differing perspectives.

While we wait on her surgery, and by then the new year will be in full-swing, we are working on all kinds of fun train-type activities all summer long.  Carolina is learning her alphabet and has been reading short sentences.  She gets ahead of herself when she gets excited and starts making up words when she isn't quite sure what she's reading, but that's to be expected.  Sam is designing train tracks, visiting Tweetsie, studying about trains, engineers and every type of car that goes with a train.

We have made huge changes to our diet since April and are all feeling better for it.  You probably already know that we got rid of our microwave a couple years ago, but now we're limiting our processed food as well and eating more "whole foods."  It has changed the children's behavior a lot and we are also feeling more energetic and focused.

So, homeschooling, cloth diapering, microwave-less, eating whole foods and who knows what else, it's all a part of life in Boone and just the beginning of better habits our children will be taking with them into adulthood.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Teesa -

So glad you are all doing well. I wanted to check...when should I look for that video in the mail? We haven't received it yet.

Thanks!
Susan

Teesa said...

Oh no! Susan, I've contacted SP to ask them what's going on. Maybe it got lost in the mail. I know for sure that a couple others did receive theirs, so I think this is strange. Sorry about that!