Wednesday, May 09, 2007

We had such a grandios time seeing all of my family in Tennessee. I wanted to post a few pictures to show that you actually can capture what love looks like.

Here are all the great grandparents getting ready to take a photo. Sam is eating Memaw's camera string.



Then, Sam did something adorable and you can see the love in Memaw's eyes. Actually, it was very difficult to get a picture with Memaw looking into the camera - she couldn't help but lovingly watch her great grandson.



Here they are - googley-eyed.



And, the posed-picture is set-up beautifully...



Also, my girlfriend, Germaine, told me about a cool product that allows babies to feed themselves. I purchased said-product and Sam really loves eating bananas out of it. It's just a mesh bag that holds cooked or raw food or even ice. It worked really well when Sam was teething last week.



My grandmother TOTALLY surprised me with a party on Saturday that was Christmas-themed. She remembered that I really missed being with family at Christmas-time, so she got a tree and presents wrapped in Christmas paper and even a cake that said Merry Christmas. All of the great grandchildren (sans two) were there. Here they are with their great grandparents.



One of Sam's cousins is only nine days younger than him. Here he and Cole are getting to know each other. PS Cole is such a looker!






Mamaw came to the party too. Here we all are together.



And here I am with Sam. I thought this was a sweet picture.



And, finally, here we are with Uncle Patrick and Brian. Sam LOVED being with Pat.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What sweet family pictures! So glad you are getting this time with your family - and they are able to meet Sam!

Johnny and Alisha said...

We had those same mesh bag things with Gabriel. I used to peel apple slices and he LOVED it! Y'all keep having fun!

Melissa said...

What a great post! What memories.. Man I'm so glad that you all are having a great stateside...

blessings,
melissa and fam

Hollie Carson said...

Hey!!! Great post! I'm all about checking in on ya'll now. Hugh and I are STOKED that ya'll are here. Hugh said, "I had soo much fun this weekend. It was like the old days, with Billy goofing off and Teesa laughing at everything. I'm so happy that B and T are here and I'd like to spend as much time with them as we can."

I second that!! Thanks for the great par-tay!
Hollie
Hollie

Hollie Carson said...

Hmm....wondering why I wrote my name twice? Me too. LOL! I wrote it and then went back to add something..thus hiding my name at the bottom of the screen.

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

How sweet that your Grandma had a Christmas party for you - I so would have cried over that. Good tears, of course. But, then I'm pregnant, so it probably wouldn't take much! haha. We miss you guys.