Monday, December 21, 2009

SNOW!

Edited to add pictures!!

We've had about two feet of snow over here. I can't upload the pictures...again, because of a hardware issue. But I will get it done eventually. I can't wait for my laptop to get back here.
The kids have enjoyed making a gingerbread house (see pictures on FB), lots of different kinds of cookies, fudge, sledding, shoveling and anything else we could think of to keep them busy. It's been a blast. Carolina has really enjoyed it, even though she is a tropical baby. Sam decided he was done for the day on Saturday when he got some snow in his face after a really daring sledding attempt with me. I was surprised when he wanted to go again yesterday.

The snow is so dry and powdery we are unable to build a snowman (which is inevitably everyone's first question).


The kids and I are still snowed in, as Bill's car has a dummy tire on it and it completely stuck behind six feet of snow. He took my car to work this morning for snow-duty at Samaritan's Purse, where he helped scrape the sidewalks to keep everyone safe.

Other than not getting to the rest of our Christmas shopping (yes, I'm a procrastinator...and quite frankly don't really care for buying Christmas gifts or any kind of shopping for that matter), we're happy as clams. Yeah for snow!!

3 comments:

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

2ft of snow? we didn't get quite that much on the western side of the county. Are your neighbors behaving themselves?

Teesa said...

They're very quiet and extremely polite. They have one dog who is so well behaved and a cat who chases away our mice. But the cat got into our garbage last night b/c they left for their winter vacation without feeding it, I guess. Still, if she can find some more mice, I'll be happy. We miss you though!

Nan said...

So beautiful! Wish we had been there, but the 5 inches that Greensboro got was great to see since Frank surprised me with a trip! I love snow!