Thursday, April 22, 2010

Make A Wish!!!

Sam, as many of you know, has a life threatening illness called Brugada Syndrome. We thought that after such a hard year last year (with the surgery AND bringing home a new sister to steal his toys), it would be a great idea to apply to the Make A Wish Foundation and see if he could get his wish.

The lovely folks from MAW came over to the house and asked him his wish.

"I wish to take a train to see Peter Pan."

It was very simple, but extremely detailed. In fact, they said it was the most detailed wish they had ever received. They weren't sure they could accommodate it, because wishes need to be only ONE thing.

Also, they had never had a child with a heart arrhythmia before (usually it is plumbing issues, not electrical). They had to get his doctor's recommendation to make sure he qualified, but Sam's amazing doctor called me after they contacted him and said he thought it was the best idea I'd had yet.

And, after much deliberation, they decided to GRANT his wish!!

We are taking a limo to Charlotte and then a train ride to Raleigh, where we will then get another another train (have our own beds!) and spend the night on our way down to Orlando. There we get to stay at the Give The Kids The World Village and park hop all week!

We are so excited about this wish and this trip! Hopefully I will begin feeling better soon (12 weeks tomorrow and I just had my worst day yet!!) and the trip will be all worth it.

Bill is a bit concerned that Sam will be too young to remember this trip, but I am convinced that this is going to be one of the highlights of his childhood. Every time he is older and thinks back to his fondest memories, he'll remember this trip and NEVER be able to attain the amount of fun and great times that he had (is about to have).

I can't wait!!!

3 comments:

steveandcaryn said...

Oh that is so wonderful Teesa!! I hope it is an amazing time for all of you, especially Sam! I think he will remember it... I remember a lot from age 3. Those are my earliest memories. I'm sure this one will stand out in his mind!

Nan said...

Yippee!!!

Wife of the Pres. said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!

So glad Sam was granted his wish!

Overnight on a train!!! WOW!!!

Do you read Karin's blog? It is linked on mine (finally getting my links back up) as Our Treasures from Afar. She and her family just got back from Give Kids the World! Check it out before you go if you have time!

Oh I hope you're feeling better before this trip?!