Bill and I have been wondering what to name our son (who will be making an appearance some time around the first of November). It wasn't until about a month ago that I was hospitalized for having regular contractions one Saturday evening that we finally came down on a name.
This child is going to be our first born-in-America child. He will have no connection to China or Asia. He won't have olive-colored skin or a birth certificate issued by Hong Kong S.A.R.. We feel that it is only fair to connect him to China, whether he likes it or not, by giving him a name that is inspired by one of the most upright men who ever served in China. Hudson Taylor.
Besides that, Bill's best friend has the last name of Hudson - they've been best friends since they were five years-old.
On top of that, I grew up in the Hudson Valley. Yes, I am a New Yorker by birth. I lived there until I had three months left to graduate high school. Poughkeepsie, New York, to be exact. I remember beautiful Fall weather, the Vanderbilt Mansion on the Hudson River, gorgeous Winters (a lot of shoveling though) and four distinct seasons.
So, for this little boy, after lots of thought and time, we've decided on the name of Hudson. Hudson James - James was my grandfather's middle name and there are five generations before him also named James. Plus it's my favorite book in the Bible.
Please join me in praying for Hudson James - we greatly desire for his heart to be perfect when he is born and throughout his life.
3 comments:
oh I love the name, and good luck on your pregnancy.
It's perfect! I love the name! Lots of love to you four and many prayers for Hudson James Klear!!!! Can't wait to see him!
I love the name Teesa! Beautiful! Many prayers for a perfect delivery and healthy heart! You're an amazing mama!!
Post a Comment