Thursday, October 28, 2010

Parmesan Chicken Bake!

During the last week we have had a lot of rainy days in Boone. Despite the fact that they've not been very cool, the rain and the changing colors of the leaves have really gotten our household into the Fall spirit. Combine that with Fall Festivals, Fall desserts that I can't stop myself from making (even though I'm nine months pregnant!) and the darkness that prevails until 7 in the morning, and I'm all geared up to make my best comfort foods.

One of my favorites is this Parmesan chicken bake my brother taught me how to make. I made up a little recipe card for it, so it is easier to print up. It takes such little preparation, fills the house with a delicious roasted chicken smell and fills our bellies to the full - so it is completely worth the effort.

If you want tender chicken, which is exactly what I desire in all my chicken breasts, try a brine. Dissolve two tablespoons of Kosher salt, one tablespoon of sugar in four cups of water and then put the breasts in to soak for a minimum of four hours. This works great to thaw frozen breasts as well. Rinse and pat dry before using them in any recipe, but I think you'll be surprised at how tender the chicken turns out by using a brine.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

I'm certainly going to try this recipe. I've heard of some chefs soaking chicken in buttermnilk before they cook it.

Want an update on the baby, and when is he arriving?

Casey and Michael said...

YUMMMMM!!!