Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Finally Getting It

After I blew the figurative dust off of my blog, I discovered I need to continue sharing. Even if it's just for my own sanity and nobody reads it, I still need to share.

Summer has been a welcome relief to the cold winter we experienced. I was so afraid, at times, that I wasn't ever going to get to leave the house again because there was so much snow I couldn't get my car out of the driveway. But Summer...ah, Summer. I love it here in the mountains. Even at its hottest, it's still not hot (relatively speaking) and we don't even have air conditioning.

We've spent the Summer at different camps and enjoying different activities here in the High Country. Sam learned to play soccer (which surprised me a little, admittedly), Carolina learned some ballet (which thrilled me) and Hudson is learning to walk. Yes, at seven months he started pulling up on things and walking alongside tables and such, and now, at eight months he is standing up against walls and walking alongside them.

Just to recap:

Sam at camp



Carolina at dance camp


Hudson just being cute

If you're still reading, and I hope you are, I plan on sharing some more about family life in the High Country over the next few weeks. Some of that includes getting Sam ready for Kindergarten (unbelievable, I know), Hudson's first steps (it's totally going to happen soon!) and Carolina just being lovely. Are you in?

1 comment:

Morgan Family said...

Missed your sweet family, can't wait for the updates!