It has been quite a week at our house. Hudson, only 11 months-old, was diagnosed with Roseola after three days of high fevers. The President actually visited our little town during the worst of his fever and I was so nervous that I might not be able to get Hudson to the hospital or pediatrician's office when he hit 103.8F and stayed there for THREE hours despite medicine! Fortunately, his heart was able to withstand the high fever with no issues that I could detect. Unfortunately, his high fever lasted for a little over three days and never went below 101.5F until today, minus three hours of low-grade yesterday morning.
He has not slept much in his pack-n-play - mostly just in my arms, on the couch, in my bed, in the Ergo Baby, etc. I snapped a few shots of my sick little baby in different sleeping positions.
I think the worst of it is over, except that he appears to have gotten a cold. His heart is strong and despite getting checkups every six months to make sure it is okay, we are encouraged by this week's experience. He does have a 50/50 chance of having Brugada Syndrome, like his brother, and it appears that he does not have it. He has not been given the all-clear by the cardiologist yet, but his heart appears to be healthy.
What a blessing this little surprise has been to our lives.




1 comment:
Teesa, so good to hear from you and 11 months?! Oh where does the time go. I can't believe how big your "big" kids are too in your header.
And the marinara does sound yummy. I get the bottled stuff when they have it BOGOF and with coupons, but this is great for times when I am out.
Post a Comment