Tuesday, March 06, 2012
Just for Kicks
The kids and I have enjoyed watching The Pioneer Woman's new TV show on the Food Network lately. I never really followed her blog (I still don't...not really), but my BFF gave me her cookbook for my birthday a couple years ago and I have seriously enjoyed everything I have made of hers. So, when the children saw this broccoli and cheese soup, they immediately wanted to make it and make it NOW!
Since I normally don't cater to their every whim, I went grocery shopping that day but didn't actually make it until a couple days later. I have to say, this recipe was a hit. Not only was it delicious, but we also got to EAT our bowls. What child doesn't enjoy something like that? And I didn't just get a bread bowl, I bought pretzel hamburger buns that we turned into bowls. The perfect size for little bellies (maybe a little too much, but Carolina didn't seem to think so) and a lovely compliment to the creamy soup. I also added another cup of cheese and added some local ham that I had sauteed a little.
In the words of Yo Gabba Gabba, "Try it, you'll like it."
Yum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well, you have convinced me twice - with words and pictures! Yum!
Post a Comment