So, I just have to roll with the punches, get out the next sized bin of clothes from the attic, buy new shoes that may or may not fit two months from now and enjoy the scenery as everything changes around me. I miss my babies, but I am really enjoying this new stage of life we are in.

Just the other day, I taught Sam to throw a Frisbee and now he can throw it better than I can. We spent about an hour just throwing it back and forth in the yard on a beautiful afternoon.
Then the weekend came and he grew up more. He sat down to breakfast and I asked him how his loose tooth was doing. He said it was fine, pulled his bottom lip down to show me and it was gone. Not only had he lost his first tooth, but he had, in fact, swallowed it as well. Good times good times.
And Carolina? I can't even begin to describe the amazing changes I see in my only daughter. She is so verbal now, people who haven't seen her in a while don't recognize her. She's taller and has a little less pudge around her belly (where's my baby fat going???). She is an amazing big sister, very responsible, organized (well, when she wants to be) and extremely loving. She has a hysterical sense of humor too. Just today the children were playing a little game where I would call out an animal and they would run to me acting like that animal. She got so tickled she literally could not lift her arms up and could barely move across the floor. She got Sam and Hudson laughing so hard they were in a similar predicament. What an angel.
Then there's Hudson. Not so verbal, but extremely bright, very obedient, physical, and, well, a bit melodramatic at times. He may not look like me, but he certainly has my personality traits. He's a serious little guy, but when he finds something funny, it is consistently funny. He is only ticklish when he chooses to be. He loves being outside, especially in the snow. We had three inches of snow this morning and I let the children leave the house just before me while I grabbed my bag so we could run to the pediatrician's office. Thirty seconds after they were outside, Hudson was already halfway up a steep hill IN THE SNOW headed for a sled. He didn't care that he had snow on his face, mittens, pants - no, that didn't matter. What mattered was that he was in it, touching it, feeling it, playing in it. You should have seen the tantrum that ensued when I tried to strap him into his car seat afterwards. On second thought, I'm glad that wasn't too public.All that to say, things are changing. Life is changing. But we are enjoying it. Every moment.

No comments:
Post a Comment