We are grateful for all of the prayers and blessings our families and friends have poured out over us. Sam has been getting endless cards and emails from people, which has brought a smile to his face. We arrived back home last night and were blessed, yet again, with a meal from a sweet friend. When we came home, we found that our Sunday School class has come to our home while we were away and cleaned, vacuumed, did laundry and left us a meal (which we are going to eat tonight). We really do cherish these earthly moments where Christ's love is poured out over each and every one of us.
Sam is healing well. I believe we were all surprised by how painful his recovery has been. He is almost walking completely upright now and he prefers to be up and about rather than confined to a chair. This morning he is choosing to spend his time shooting a suction-cup gun at various targets around the house. Back to his old shenanigans...
When we took his bandage off on Saturday morning, Sam was so sad to see his belly. I took a photo of his reaction, but it is too personal to post publicly on the internet. Needless to say, he has gone through stages of emotional reaction to the new wound and he is now at the point of acceptance. He even proudly showed it off to a friend last night.
I will continue to update as I am able. I think we have all been taken aback by the exhaustion every last one of us in our family has felt. At any point throughout the day, any of us could lay down and take a nap. However, we have renewed strength in the Lord and with the help of our friends, we know we will recover fully.
No comments:
Post a Comment