I haven't felt so American as I did the day we went to a ball game. It was fantastic to hear the Star spangled Banner sung and eat dogs while watching a game. Man, I love America.
We took a short jaunt over to the beach on Tuesday. It took about two and a half hours and Sam did great during the trip, as usual. We went to Carolina Beach, but I think we regretted our decision later in the day. It turns out there is a big recreational facility near Kure Beach, right next to the Aquarium. We got to the Aquarium at 4:56 and it closed at 5pm, so they wouldn't let us in. We sent Julie in to beg and beg, but she just wasn't convincing enough.
So, we figure the next time we take a trip to the beach, we'll go to the Aquarium first, then hang out on the beach by the recreational facility (complete with restrooms and showers!). If anyone wants to take a day-trip out there, give me a call and I'll give you more details.
I love Sam's new swim trunks. They are camouflaged and long. I decided since we were in the ocean it was fine for him to go "commando." He did great. He fell asleep on the beach and we tucked him underneath a towel that was laying on the cooler. He slept for about an hour before Julie screamed out in fear from a teeny tiny jumping spider that happened to want a piece of her.
Here's a funny photo of Sam. I think he might have been looking at Julie, wondering what she was screaming at. I love the spiddle coming from his mouth. He cut a tooth the day after this was taken.
We ate at a great seafood restaurant for dinner and finally got home around 10pm.
Julie left on Thursday and I already miss her. I have really enjoyed being showered with love from all my friends and family here. We're having some friends over for a Carolina Treat cookout too. Bill and I stopped by a local produce stand after Bill's hike this morning and picked up fresh okra, corn, asparagus and zucchini. I weighed myself yesterday and it seems all of these culinary delights are really catching up with me! I've gained about four pounds since arriving in America.
Still, I do LOVE America!
Here are a few more pics that I think you'll enjoy. We went hiking at Umstead State Park one day. Isn't it amazing how much Bill and Sam look alike (although Sam is somewhat of a small person).
And here are Sam and me hanging out at the beach.
And here is the whole Klear-gang on Sunday morning. Julie takes such great photos!
Here is Julie and me the same morning at our house. Isn't Julie beautiful?
5 comments:
Wow, your post and pictures made me feel like I was there - actually I wish I HAD been there at the game and the beach. It looked like so much fun. I'm so glad you guys are getting to do some fun things during your time at home.
You guys sure do have a lot of fun. I wanna go to the beach! I've been the the place at Carolina beach. It's awesome to have the showers and potties right there. :) Tootles
Hollie
actually you both look marvelous.....
Looks like you all were having a great time and I'm sure you both had lots to chat about... :)
Tell Julie hello from us....
love to all,
mel and the fam....
IT looks like you guys had a blast during Julie's visit! I love the photo of you and Julie "swimming" with Sam - so cute!
JULIE!!!!! Please tell Julie hello. I think of her every time I eat mangos. She taught us how to eat them on our porch in NingLang. I wonder if she still eats chicken feet? :)
Post a Comment