Monday, July 30, 2007

Gerry Ann's visit





We had a great time with Bill's mother, Gerry Ann, last week when she came to visit. She stayed with us from Tuesday to Friday and we did lots of fun stuff together. Bill and Gerry Ann got to hike the Mountains to Sea trail (http://www.ncmst.org/) one day and then we all went to Umstead State Park to hike a bit another day.



Sam showed off his "army crawl" for his Nana too. He still isn't crawling with his belly off the ground, but after six weeks of doing the army crawl, he's flying around the house. He's also pulling up to stand, letting go for seconds at a time (before falling) and walking around furniture by holding on tightly. We are in for trouble!





We got to see our long lost friend Paul Brown last night. I told him I was going to take a picture of him for our blog (Bill calls it "blog fodder"), but he and Bill both scoffed at me. I guess I'll have to wait until he's not looking to catch a photo. We were pumped about seeing Paul, since we hadn't seen him for four years and thought we'd never find him again. Luckily, he checks his old email address! We had a great time catching up on old times.

We also had a picnic with my brother Adam and his family yesterday at Umstead. It was SO HOT that I had to take all of Sam's clothes off and he was still sweating like mad. We finally went over to their house to cool off and rest up before our dinner with Paul.


Oh, and before I forget again, here is a picture of Sam's crazy-curly hair. I'd like to thank my mother and grandfather for their beautiful addition to our family in our curls. I absolutely LOVE them, mine included. (My mother doesn't, sadly.)



1 comment:

Paul Brown said...

I can't believe it's been this long since I saw you guys. It was a different world for y'all in those days. I'm caught up on y'all now. Maybe we can get together again soon.