This is the Klear family at the Falls.
Bill and I have been going and going since we got back to America. We're speaking at so many places and have so many engagements that it has been difficult to catch our breath. Sam has been a real trooper about it though, and he is constantly surprising us with his flexibility. Two weeks ago we went to Tennessee with my parents (who have officially moved to Thailand now) and Sam's only protest was expressed by biting me while nursing. Once we returned home he stopped. I guess he "learned me good" with that long trip. I wish I could say we weren't going to take any more long trips, but it is the nature of our time at home to travel a lot.
We've gotten into a pretty good routine with our traveling though. We will stop every three hours at a gas station. Once I finish feeding him, he will sit with Bill in the driver's seat and play with the steering wheel. He LOVES pulling all the switches and pushing buttons. Here he is with Bill playing (don't worry, the car is parked and Bill is in full control!).
Sam really enjoyed playing with Laney on this trip. The two of them got along swell and I even learned a little something about Sam. Apparently, he likes to make other people laugh. What a distinct personality he has! He and Laney took a bath together and when he saw that splashing his hands in the water made her laugh out loud, he kept doing it over and over again - leaning in close to her face and smiling big. I think he takes after Bill in this regard.
Here we are having a picnic lunch on the day we went to Linville Falls. It was such beautiful scenery!
Okay, here's a story that will make your hair curl. We brought our little inflatable pool that my parents bought for Sam. Sam LOVES playing in it (see previous post) and Laney is no different. While Sam was taking a nap one afternoon, Hollie put Laney in the pool to play.
(Isn't she cute?)
The boys came out to join them and I guess Hugh sat down on a bench, mere feet away, that had a hornet's nest under it. He got stung (I heard him screaming, "This is for real - I'm really getting bit" as I saw a streak of him running across the deck). Bill went out a little later to investigate and here's what he saw:
They said it was the size of a softball! Good thing Hollie reacted so quickly and ran inside with Laney (it took her all of two seconds to get inside). There were a ton of these hornets. What a scary moment for Hollie.
Okay, take a deep breath and let your heart rate get back to normal now. No one was hurt, well, no one except for Hugh who got three stings, and the hornet's nest was dealt with.
Laney and Sam liked to play together in the mornings. We covered the bearskin rug (not kidding) with a sheet and after they were fed and happy, put them down together. Here they are sharing toys and enjoying each other's company.
And, finally, here are some photos of the mountain-range. Thanks, again, to the Carsons for a fantastic trip. We really enjoyed the food and company.
2 comments:
Oh, sweet mems! What a great summary of our trip. As Homestar Runner likes to say, "Great Jerb!" on the post!
Hugh and I were SLAP exhausted when we got home. LOL~ Ha! 6:30 am came early for me (argh!), but I'm heading to bed early tonight, like you Teesa. You're my inspiration in that area. Ha! I gotta say no to dishes, laundry, internet and yes..even pumping. But I'll tell ya one thing, it's going to be hard to say no to pumping. I know, I know...I just gotta do it, but I just can't help the fact that it's my ABSOLUTE favorite ALL DAY LONG pasttime. Feeling like a milked cow all day truly gets addictive. LOL!
We'll have ya'll over for dinner sometime in the near future. We're praying for ya'll.
Hey Teesa and Bill!! I just found your blog through the Webel's. It's so fun to "see" and read about you guys! Sam is a DOLL! I just wanted to say hi to you both. Enjoy America :-) it sounds like you are!
Post a Comment