Friday, July 10, 2009

End of a Long Week

It's the end of a long week, filled with doctor's appointments every day, for both Carolina and me.


The long and short of it is, Carolina has hearing loss that is consistent with water in her ears - she can hear us at a conversational level, but nothing under that. However, if we can get that water to go away (either with tubes or time), she may regain her hearing.

Despite her hearing loss, she is already picking up on several words and sounds. She can now say: uh oh, dog, dada, gege (big brother in Chinese), gou gou (dog in Chinese) and today she said more.

Yesterday I was telling her no (to climbing up the stairs) and wagging a finger in her face when she put a hand on her hip and wagged her own finger back in my face. Cheeky. She is (typically) very obedient when I say no and immediately stops doing whatever it is, but she is really branching out on testing her limits.

We've had some really big struggles with food this week as well, but we've also had several victories (like mac 'n cheese and meatloaf). The Early Intervention folks are coming out next Tuesday to evaluate her. Hopefully, she'll qualify for help, because I am at my wit's end. She honestly tests my limits every day with her eating issues.

For myself, I have not had any more allergic reactions to anything - no more hives, rashes or itching, thank goodness. I am now seeing a new doctor who rose to the challenge of discovering what in the world is happening. I'm about to go off all my medicine on Sunday, so we shall see...

Today we went to Tweetsie with some great friends.


Sam wanted to wear his Baby Legs to look like Big Bird all day. It was quite chilly this morning, only in the 50's, so it was fine with me. Carolina wore hers too.

Always grabbing for something. Sam is obviously very serious about his Mouse Train ride.

3 comments:

noahandlylasmommi said...

how cute. glad y'all had fun.praying about Carolina's ears and food issues.

Check out The Webels said...

Thanks for sharing! I will be praying about her ears and eating... and mom's sanity! Love you!

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

I am LOVING Sam's serious look on the train. And a morning in the 50's??? Good grief. You're in a totally different world than I.