1. Even when there are toys around, a paper bag or coaster is always preferred. (This might be true of a lot of kids, but Carolina is especially partial to wooden objects or paper bags and rarely plays with toys.)
2 Any dish towel or hand towel will comfort her. I have found her on multiple occasions laying on the floor next to the oven with the dish towel in her arms while trying to take a nap. Bill learned that they used to lay a hand towel over her face while she was sleeping in the orphanage to keep the light out of her eyes.
3. She won't cry no matter how badly she is hurt. We are working on this one and it is getting better, but she still doesn't cry appropriately.
4. When she's done napping, she quietly waits in her crib for someone to get her. I have to check on her often to make sure she's not just sitting there waiting.
5. Kisses are still a mystery to her. She hasn't decided if she likes them or not, but will tolerate them for now. She won't smile when she receives them.
6. She hoards food in her mouth when she's done eating it.
7. She refuses to eat solid foods. Absolutely refuses. I'll post more on this later.
The good news is, even though there are even more signs that she has been institutionalized, she is adjusting quickly to her new life and is a fast learner. She fits into our family absolutely perfectly - she has a great sense of humor, she is very bright, she is extremely obedient (albeit obstinate as well), loves music and we all love to dote on her.
From Carolina herself:
t\
h yyyy FR
Have a great Wednesday.
3 comments:
She is such a sweetie Teesa. Our next door neighbor adopted a 4 1/2 year old from China this past March and she is doing AWESOME. It seems like she's already made some great strides to life with a loving family. She doesn't know how blessed she is to have you guys and vice versa I'm sure!
What a lucky lucky little lady. I'm so happy for you guys.
Oh I wish I could hug y'all. What a big transition all of this must be. So glad she has you!
Post a Comment