Finally! We have reconnected with the world again...our water is back on, we have electricity, Bill is home (where he belongs) and we are enjoying life.
Before all the craziness occurred, we wanted to take some Christmas photos. Here are a couple taken Christmas Eve.

Carolina is sitting in my old rocking chair from when I was a little older than her.
We were so happy and carefree that night...little did we know that the next day would bring the worst ice storm in many years for our town, as well as FIVE days without electricity or water!

A family photo in two feet of snow. This was taken in our front yard.

Speaking of front yards...this was ours the (Christmas) morning of the ice storm. I don't know if you can see the
icicles on the fence, but there was ice everywhere.

We still have a lot of trees down. You can see by these photos that the ice was almost a half an
inch thick on our trees. Today it just looks like a mess, but on Christmas morning, we could see who the culprit was that took them down.

More trees...

Our Pussy Willow tree in the backyard.

Our Willow tree took a lot of damage, but not nearly as much as I anticipated.

Our front porch. Praise God these trees didn't fall on the baby's rooms.

Extremely thick ice.

I'll leave you on a happy note. Two days before Christmas,
the kids finally got to build their snowman.
2 comments:
Okay, I still can't believe your crazy Christmas.
I LOVE the Christmas Eve pic of the kids - Carolina is really growing so much! And I love Sam's sweater and his smile for the camera.
Oh, and your snowman is great. Looks like a snow WOman, with a big skirt. ;P
Love the pictures! I'm not sure I would have made it with no power and no water, but I bet the snow was beautiful, at least for a few days:)
Post a Comment