Thursday, January 21, 2010

More Ice

I don't have any pictures to prove it, but I would wager that by morning we'll have a few more limbs down. The trees were already bending pretty badly this afternoon. I suppose if it keeps on like this all night, as Ray says, we may even be without power by morning. If that's the case, we're leaving town. I don't know how much more I can handle of no water!

In other news, I have accepted the position as children's minister at Perkinsville Baptist Church. I'm very excited to be able to take on this role and work with so many parents and children who I already love.

Sam has continued to read and has begun working on chapter books. I guess they're kindergarten level, but still, that's something.

Carolina is still progressing in every area. Her new phrase today was, "uh oh, I dropped it." I was impressed because it was a full sentence with a new word. I can hear her repeating a lot of phrases Sam says all the time, so I know he's just moving her along.

Other than that, I suppose there's no new news. I hope everyone out there is staying warm.

5 comments:

noahandlylasmommi said...

I hope you guys dont lose power again!

Check out The Webels said...

WOW! Congrats on the job! How exciting! I can't wait to hear more about it!

Oh - and I sure hope you don't lose power... again!!

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

children's minister at Perkinsville Baptist Church, sounds like it's right up your alley, congratulations.

flear is your word verification

Teesa said...

We didn't lose power, but we DID lose water again.

Beth and Abigail said...

Thats awesome...I bet he is reaing at a higher level then Abigail now!! Way to go Sam!