Monday, March 01, 2010

SSN!

We got to go to Raleigh on Friday and get "off-the-mountain," which was so much fun. We spent time with my brother and his family - it has been WAY too long since we spent time together.

On the way to Raleigh, we stopped in Wilkesboro to apply for Carolina's social security number. We had all the paperwork needed (so much paperwork!), but learned that when she came into the US, immigration put her first name as "Carolina Rone" and left her middle name blank! So, now she is apparently (officially) Carolina Rone with no middle name. We have to call INS and get them to change it and then change her name on the new social security card too.

It's always something, isn't it? But, at least it's no big deal. I just need to make a few phone calls to figure out how to get this done.

Other than that - no news is good news!

We're very excited that March is upon us, even though we MAY get another bad snow storm, at least the end is near. I can't wait for Spring!

1 comment:

Lucky10 said...

Hi!
I came across your blog today. I hope Sam is doing well. I have a 2 year old daughter, Cassidy, who was born with Tetralogy of Fallot w/ PA & MAPCA’s.
I think blogs are a great way to get the word about about CHD’s and I commend you for what you’re doing.
My wife and I are also on a mission to spread the word about CHD’s. We just started a jewelry company called Lucky 10. All of our products are handmade and pertain to Heart Defects and the Heart Community in general.
Please check out our site when you get a moment. If you could help us get the word out about our new business we would be very grateful. It’s a project that’s very dear to our hearts.
www.lucky10.etsy.com
Thanks so much and we look forward to reading more on your blog!
Thanks,
Vito Lisa

P.S. If you want to keep up with Cassidy’s journey here is her Carepage info:
www.carepages.com , Page name: cassidylisa