The good news is that it's winter, so I probably wouldn't have taken the kids out anyway with all this snow. The bad news, it's winter, so we have experienced a bit of cabin fever with all this snow.
I have a few gems I want to pass on via this blog, but I guess first I should say, Happy New Year! Along those lines, my best friend really challenged me with this post to think and pray about a word that might be the theme for the year 2011.
At first I thought it was just another one of those super mom things she does - she thinks of resolutions, teaches her children amazing things everyday, cloth diapers, stays at home with her children, puts her family first in every way - the list could go on, but suffice it to say, I wasn't sure I wanted to add something new to my list. But immediately after thinking this might be a burden, God laid a word on my heart. Then another. Then He led me to really pray about it and bring it up with Bill. By the end of the second day, Bill and I had both prayed over our children and our own lives and all of us had been assigned a word for 2011 by the Lord. It wasn't so hard and it even made a lot of sense.
So, I want to share the words the Lord gave us and what He told us they mean for each of us. Maybe by the end of the year these words will be assigned different meanings, but for now:
Sam: Obey. Sam is a very intelligent young man and with that intelligence comes pride. He believes he knows more than his own parents do (I seriously thought this didn't come until the teenage years. Boy was I wrong.). We hope he will learn was obedience is this year, not just to us, but to the Lord.
Carolina: Love. Unconditional love. She has recently shown her insecurities (Mama, am I pretty? Mama, do you love me? Mama, pweeze don't leave me.) and we want her to know the Lord's unconditional love through us and our own unconditional love. No matter what she does, how she disappoints, how bad her bed head is or how stinky her breath smells - we love her. Hopefully the Lord will show us how to prove that to her in 2011.
Hudson: Grow. This one's obvious.
Teesa: Listen. I need to listen. Period. To God and to those around me, including my children and my husband.
Bill: Pray. This one's obvious too.
So hopefully in the year 2011, God will show us what these words He has laid on our hearts mean. I can't wait to see what's in store!
I have more to write, but I'll save it for my next post.
In conclusion...here's our beautiful new addition from 2010 - including his beautiful dimples and already showing his love for his big brother:

No comments:
Post a Comment