
When we had our first child, I realized all my priorities were going to have to change, and fast. We could still be very flexible with the trips we took and people we visited, but life somehow revolved around naps and mealtimes.
Then we had our second child and life changed a little more. Both children were on the same napping schedule, so everything seriously revolved around naps and mealtimes.
Now we have our third child. I am officially chained to the house every day for the same hours. I shouldn't say "chained" - it's actually a very refreshing time, a time to get a little rest before the action begins again.
But my priorities have shifted, yet again. I have been homeschooling Sam, and that requires a good amount of planning and preparation (not too much, as he is still pre-K). Between taking care of the children, teaching the children, cleaning the house, a (limited) social life and various other activities, we are busy busy busy.

This is the best kind of busy I could ever ask for. Ever. I love going over school stuff with Sam. I thrive on the reaction Carolina makes when she recognizes she's learning something new. And I cherish the moments in between where I can snuggle up to my cozy littlest one, nurse him and know that I am providing everything he needs to grow strong and healthy. And my favorite time is when I'm praying for each of the children individually. I woke up about five times last night with one of them on my heart. I prayed that God would call them into His Kingdom. I prayed for their health. I prayed for our parenting to be pleasing to Him. I prayed and prayed and prayed. And then I fell asleep, content in knowing my prayers will be answered.
Train up a child in the way he should go,
even when he is old he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6

1 comment:
Girl! As someone who spent much of last night praying for one of my children and desperately seeking God to answer, your last statement really spoke to me... "And then I fell asleep, CONTENT in knowing my prayers will be answered." I think God had you write those words just for me. ;-)
Post a Comment