Friday, March 25, 2011

Oddly Silent

I suppose adding the third child to our family has been what is keeping me away from posting on the blog. Figuring out a balance has been the biggest hurdle to overcome, but I believe I am just about there. Unfortunately, the blog falls at the lowest priority, with other blogs that I write for coming even before my own.

Mothers and wives ask me all the time for my schedule - they just want to know how I manage making meals, cleaning, homeschooling (Sam), and living life in general. I can't say that I have any secret that other mothers don't have, but I will say that God weaved into me a personality trait that comes in handy with all these responsibilities. Organization.

I make a plan and generally stick to it (flexibility is the key though). Everything has a box or a basket it goes in, every day has a purpose, and I have a list of five things that I need to get done daily in order to know I have been productive.

Do I get overwhelmed? Absolutely. Do things NOT get done sometimes? Yep. Do I become so tunnel-visioned (is that a word?) that I ignore the more important things to fulfill the task at-hand? You betcha. I think all of those are just part of life with kids or without kids.

Still, I have a lot of room for improvement. While I hone my skills at balancing Christian, wife, mother of three, children's minister, friend, daughter, sister, and all the other responsibilities I have, I can enjoy the little things. At least, they're little for now.

No comments: