
We finally made it back (about five days ago). It was a turbulent time for us, since Sammy could sense our anxiety. He started eating every hour all day and night. Fortunately, we've moved him to a two-hourly schedule now and sometimes he goes as long as 3 and a half! We're still trying to figure him out and it's taking up all our time. He did really well on the plane ride. I had to attach another seatbelt to mine and buckle it around him. Bill and I thought that if we really did go down, he would be broken in half by the way he was tethered to me.
Bill's back to work now, and he's busy all day long now. We're really fortunate that he is working out of the house, so he can hold Sam and take care of him when I need a break. We also have a helper who will hold Sammy and entertain him while I nap or take a shower. Bill's mom is still here too, so she's obviously invaluable. She's watching Sam right now while I type this (and Bill washes dishes).

We're still trying to get a routine down. Nightimes are obviously the hardest. But, we're making it through. Thank goodness for the hour long naps I get all night long. Also, he's not a crier, so that helps tremendously.
He's finally got all his own toys and things here too. Here's a picture of him reaching out and grabbing Tigger in his bouncey seat.

On to other things now (like unpacking and organizing all the goodies we brought home).
1 comment:
Glad you all made it home safely. I am going to have to cancel my trip to km. I had some unexpected events come up and so I won't be able to make the trip. I hope to see you all on our next visit in the big country. -
take care and keep up the posts... :)
melissa.....
Post a Comment