Saturday, October 31, 2009

Walking Pneumonia

If you're a friend on FB, you already know that Sam has been diagnosed with walking pneumonia. He got a cold a week ago and his cough got a whole lot worse yesterday. He finally vomited after an especially bad coughing spell.


He also started limping yesterday morning at 11am. For no apparent reason, I might add. The doctor took a look at it and said it looks like it's coming from Sam's hip or joint, despite Sam saying it's his knee. The pedi thinks it could be an injury from playing OR a hip infection. We are now on the lookout for a high fever spike or Sam not being able to bear any weight at all on that leg. He is still limping today, more as the day progresses, actually.

Carolina seem to be doing well, despite all the sickness around her. She pee peed in the potty this morning after asking to go. She's the only child in the world who is happy with crackers as her reward. I'm planning on beginning potty training with her in a week or two, when we have three days to stay at home and concentrate on it.

The new basement floor is being installed today by our neighbor. He is a carpenter and happy to have the extra work. We're happy to be able to save some money, so it's a win-win situation.

Bill's deacon ordination is tomorrow morning. It's such a blessed time for our family, to be able to serve our church this way. We had a fabulous Fall Festival at our church this last Wednesday night, where Sam even got to ride a one-eyed horse named Bo. Once I get the pictures, I'll post them.

This is of me and my friend Julie being silly. We went to a bridal tea last week and everyone had to wear hats. It was especially funny because my hat had to be pulled down low over my eyes (as per the style of the 1950's), so I couldn't see much all night.

The bride, Alison, and me

1 comment:

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

I like your hat. Definitely suits you! :)

Get well soon, Sam!