Sunday, January 21, 2007

New Camera

Uncle Rob bought a new camera this week and we have been fortunate enough to be his test subjects. We are required to submit five photos of our family life for the adoption dossier, and here is one that we will absolutely have to include.

Sam has grown so much over the last few months. Here is a photo of his foot from October 7, 2006 - just five days old.

And here is his foot today (notice the socks barely fit him anymore). This one was taken by Rob.


Sam has taken to reading with me. When I open his favorite book on farm life, he immediately looks to the left side of the book.

Then he helps me turn the page (wierd, I know!).

Then he looks to the right side of the page. We were all talking about it today and it seems that maybe he is mimicking his father when he reads...but who knows how he knows to do this. It could just be a fluke too, I guess. Still, we like to think he's brilliant.

After reading time Sam wanted to ride my head. I don't know why, but he begged and begged me, so I put him up there. Our home has definitely changed - notice all the toys lying around.



Here is another photo of Sam's cute little face. Don't you just want to kiss those lips! Adorable.


We've really taken to watching the American Idol tryouts this week. We have satellite TV, so we're able to watch them about a day later than those of you in the States. They are SO funny. Rob and Bill keep asking the same question over and over, "Why would their family let them try out?!" That's a great question. You guys wouldn't let me try out, would you? I sure hope you'd tell me the truth - that I am NOT going to be the next American Idol.


1 comment:

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

hey, look at that head of hair! Sam is adorable. when I happen upon the American Idol tryout, I just shake my head in disbelief. Won't be long until you guys are here; maybe we can get together!