Sunday, January 07, 2007

Out and About

Things have been happening quickly since Sam was born (how many times have I said that??). I weighed him yesterday and he is about 12lbs, which is around the 23rd percentile for boys his age. BUT, he is 25 inches long - which is in the 85th percentile for boys his age. Talk about a tall kid. We have some friends whose baby, Judah, was born 3 days before Sam. Here they are together. Check out Judah's adorable dimples!



Sam, Bill and I went out to play today since the weather finally turned nice. It was about 40 degrees in our living room last night (not exaggerating, I had a thermometer) and we were really excited to see the sun shining today. Lots and lots of grandmothers came over to tell us we didn't put enough clothes on Sam (he was in four layers) and to tell us his skin is too white. Many others were surprised that he could hold his own head up and stand up with our help. Apparently they hold their babies for long amounts of time, which inhibits their muscle development.



Before Gerry Ann (Bill's mother) left, she gave Sam a little stuffed bear that she had taped her voice onto (a small recorder in his paw plays it back). Sam just discovered said bear last week and smiles every time he sees it, but especially when he hears his Nana's voice coming from it. He really likes to suck the bear's ears. Notice how Sam's hair has grown - I thought it was supposed to fall out!

We are starting to prepare our home for when we leave in late March. I have a lot of stuff to do to get ready, but I'm trying to be a bit organized about it. I only hope I can get everything done in time. We leave for Thailand (doctor's visits and vacation with good friends) on February 13th (Happy Birthday Mom!). Plus, our helper leaves on January 25th to get married again to the same guy she got married to on September 3rd (long story, write me and I'll tell you about it). So, I've got to get some stuff done before she leaves. We get back on March 3rd and will only have about three weeks to get everything together before we leave for the States. In the meantime, I'm desperately trying to continue helping my girlfriends here with some family issues.

Here are Sam and me earlier this afternoon. He was wearing so many layers he could barely move!
It seems that our email is up and running again. I will have a mass email out this week, for those of you who wish to hear more details of the things going on around here.
Blessings,
Teesa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad the weather cleared up a bit for y'all! Sam is looking SO cute in that picture with the bear! WOW! I am also looking forward to some vacation time coming up!!
Thanks for the update! :)

Erica