Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Walks in the Complex


We are so happy that the weather has changed lately. The mornings are a bit cold still, but afternoons are proving to be beautiful. Our friends are still coming over to visit us, which I am really grateful for. I was worried that we wouldn't get out much with Sam, but there was nothing for me to worry about, since they are coming to us! When we do make it out, our neighbors are more than happy to introduce themselves and tell us what a beautiful child we have.

Most of them think Sam is a girl...now let me ask you, is this the face of a girl??
Our foreign friends all say he looks like a boy, but I'm not sure if they're trying not to hurt my feelings or what. Whatever the case, Bill and I know he is ALL boy. His forehead, eyes, cheeks (that favor my father), lips, nose and chin (that favors Bill's mom). What a gorgeous boy at that.

Sam is so aware of everything around him that it is hard to keep him happy all the time. He's started sharing his feelings with us - when he's bored, he cries; when he's unhappy; he cries, when he's lonely, he cries; when he's sleepy, he cries. But, he laughs when he's happy, and keeps a straight face when he content. He seems content most of the time, so our friends are always asking us why he's so serious. We think he's just a critical thinker. He watched Bill carve a chicken tonight and was extremely interested.
Beijing called today. They said we're only lacking one document for the adoption: the criminal clearance. We're going to go pick it up early next week. We are considering not expediting it, which would mean an 18 month wait as opposed to a ten month wait. We're thinking it through.
I suppose we'll post something when we make a decision.
By the way, don't you love Sam's hat? I thought it might be too big, but Bill said it was just right. Thanks to the Raymicks for all their hand-me-downs. All of his clothes are hand-me-downs at this point and they're all so adorable! He's growing so quickly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think he is beautiful. But then again, I am a little partial. The hat is great. Can hardly wait to get my hands on him again.

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

I love the hat. And I lOVE hand-me-downs!

Anonymous said...

You guys are so fun. I need a kid.