Tuesday, September 18, 2007

At the Park


We are trying so hard to return our lives to some semblance of normalcy. I guess the fact that we're "trying" proves that it's not normal, but maybe one day...a girl can dream, right?

Sam's recovering well - he is doing everything he should be doing at this season of his life. Today he even got up from a sitting position in the middle of the living room floor and just stood there for a long time, looking at me. I had time to call Bill in to look and Sam still just stood there. Bill's mother is visiting and she is really hoping he will walk during her trip. He might just.

He's having some real trouble with his tummy right now - apparently the defibrillator is squishing his insides a bit so he's not sleeping through the night because of gas pains, he's spitting up again and he's just plain uncomfortable. So, we've started him on Prevacid and Mylanta and we'll see how that does. Not much we can do except wait for him to grow into it. If you want to see a picture of it, scroll down a bit to my last post.

I went to my doctor yesterday and he told me meningitis is actually considered a "major" illness. I was shocked. He said it'd be a while before I will feel normal again. So, with everything that my doc said, Bill is (strongly) encouraging me to rest more. But, I convinced him it would be fun for all of us to go to the park today. Here are some photos...

Sam loved driving the truck.


We rode the swing together, but riding it alone seemed to be his favorite. Look how teeny weeny he seems.


We went to Goodberry's Frozen Custard afterwards or a treat. Sam loved walking around the brick wall.


Tonight we took pictures of Sam's curly hair. We're cutting it tomorrow since it's in his eyes. It'll be his third haircut, but I'm always scared that the next haircut will take away his beautiful curls. I thought some pictures would help me remember.


We were playing a funny game together, so he was laughing a lot.

2 comments:

Hollie Carson said...

Love the rugged boy outfits. so cute. i hope he gets to feeling better. can't wait to see ya'll and for you to feel better Teesa.

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

We love, love, love you guys! Still thinking of you daily, and now several of our friends are "followers" as well. They have you in prayer, and stay updated by your blog. Have a great night.
the hazletons