Saturday, September 15, 2007
Sam's Device - graphic photos
I am posting some pictures of Sam we took yesterday. Some of the ones lower on the page are a little graphic. So, if you've got a weak stomach, you may not want to look.


Here I am kissing his new belly. The surgeon put Sam's defibrillator into his lower right belly, since there is no room anywhere else in his body. Usually, on an older patient, they would put it in the upper left part of his chest. But, the device is large (about 2.5 inches in diameter) and Sam is still so tiny. After about five years they will replace it with a new one (because the battery will wear out by then). Hopefully by that time there will be better technology to make it even smaller.
Here is Sam checking out the bulge. It's quite big, don't you think?

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
(deep sigh out of sympathy for Sam) Wow. I'm so proud of ya'll. What an inspiration you are to us and what you will be to many more to come. God has great plans! I'm proud of you Sam! What a fighter you are!
Post a Comment