Hi everyone. I'm Julie Cameron, Teesa's best friend, and Teesa has asked me to update their blog over the next few days.
For those who did not know, Teesa was admitted to the hospital in the wee hours of Friday morning with viral meningitis. She was in a great deal of pain and since she had fever, she was quarantined (i.e. not able to see Sam). You'll be glad to know that Teesa is feeling better and her condition has improved enough for her discharge from the hospital (late Saturday morning). She should be at home again enjoying Sam's company by early afternoon. She still has throbbing headaches when she sits or stands, and the doctors say this will continue for another week until the swelling in her brain subsides.
The doctor's have Sam wearing a heart monitor anytime he isn't under Bill's or Teesa's direct observation (i.e. during naps and at night). The alarm sounds anytime Sam's heart rate drops or the leads become detached. Of course Sam's heart rate drops when he's asleep, and as he moves around the leads can detach, so the alarm may sound many times, especially during the night. As you can imagine this makes it difficult for Bill and Teesa to get a good night's rest and could cause a lot of anxiety. Sam will be monitored in this way until he has surgery to insert a defibrillator sometime on Wednesday.
Bill's mom has come up from South Carolina to assist them around the house this week as Teesa recouperates and Bill continues to focus his attention on Sam and Teesa.
Your continued prayers are sincerely appreciated.
If you would like to offer assistance to the Klears by providing meals or other help please call the Klear's home number.
1 comment:
Hi, Julie. I am an online friend of Teesa's. A group of us would like to send something to Teesa to let her know we are thinking of her, Bill and Sam. I am organizing the collection. I have sent an email to Teesa requesting her address. I am guessing Teesa won't be checking her email anytime soon and thought I'd try to post my request on here, too.
As always, Teesa, Bill and Sam are in my prayers.
Post a Comment