Sunday, September 30, 2007

Happy Birthday Sam!!!

Sam's birthday is only two days away! He'll be the big ONE.


We had a great party yesterday at our home in Raleigh. We had a lot of folks come from all over to celebrate Sam's life. He even had two of his girlfriends come too.

We served NC BBQ and SC BBQ. SC BBQ is mustard-based and NC-style is vinegar-based. We had roasted sweet potatoes and red potatoes with parsley (for the kids too) and cole slaw with a veggie tray. It was delicious!


There were so many great photos. I'll try to describe each one and what is happening.



Sam having fun with his guests.

Sam's guests having fun with his toys.

Some of the taller guests enjoying BBQ sandwiches.

Looking forward to the sweetness.

Blowing out the candle.

Sam's first taste of sugar. I think he likes it!

And now for the PRESENTS!! Here's one from the Carsons.

Reading a book from Jenny

Investigating Aunt Beth's turtle.

Making music on his new piano from Nana.

"Hurry up Jenny!"

Look how big this gift from Grandmommy, Granddaddy, Uncle Adam and Aunt Kendall is!

A red Radio Flyer wagon!

Aunt Gina and Sam.

After the party, Sam and Nana having fun.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

your fam pic on the blog is GREAT! :)

so glad that he had a great birthday celebration! :)

love to you three.
melissa

Hollie Carson said...

I second what mel said! Wow! What a fantastic pic! Can ya'll take OUR family pic for our Christmas Cards????? PUH-LEASE???!!!! :)

You are going to LOVE LOVE the radio flyer wagon! Hugh's parents gave Laney one when we went to the beach. I love taking Laney on strolls before her bath in the evening. Love it!

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

I LOVE the pic, and the new layout. Maggie is sorry she missed the party - and I'm sad I missed the bar-b-q! We LOVE and MISS you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM!!!

Anonymous said...

Sam,

I just wanted to wish you a very happy birthday! Our email isn't up at the moment, so this was the best way to reach you! I do hope we can see you very soon!
Lots of love,
Erica & the Webels

Lifelong Learner said...

Your blog looks great! Sam is looking healthy. I'm so glad he had a great birthday. I'm jealous of the pumpkin patch, though. How fun. We'll be celebrating fall with gourds again this year. :)

Blessings you guys.

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

Can I just say again what a beautiful family you are? I keep checking your blog, hoping for an update, and every time I see that pic of you guys and the pumpkin patch, I really want a print to frame on my fridge! We love you, and hope all is going well.
shan