Thursday, September 06, 2007

Waiting for the assessment

Teesa called this morning. Sam was heavily medicated through the night but still he didn't get sound sleep. Neither did Bill and Teesa. The defibrillator seems to be "double counting" Sam's heart beats and that's why it was shocking him yesterday. The doctors do not know why this is happening. The data has been sent to the manufacturer for assessment so that the next step can be determined. The manufacturer's rep is on hand to help with the adjustments. The doctors hope that they can reprogram Sam's device remotely, but there is a possibility that they will have to physically go back in to tweak the device or replace it. Teesa continues to have severe headaches and neither she nor Bill have eaten very well since yesterday. Pray for insight for the doctors and that they can fix the problem remotely. Pray for strength for Bill and Teesa.

Thanks.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill and Teesa,
I am praying for strength and calmness for you two and the doctor's wisdom in dealing with the defib. I am praying for Sam to return to perfect health and not remember any of this ordeal.
I love you all.
Love, Alice Edwards

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

We have been steadily praying for you guys; you are in our constant thoughts. We love you so much, and trusting God to strengthen you and give you hope that great days are ahead.

Renee' said...

Teesa and Bill, in case you are feeling overwhelmed right now, I wanted to share these words from Isaiah that always comfort me when the "fire gets hot". Love and prayers to you and for you! :-) Renee'

From Isaiah chapter 43 verses 1-3

"But now says the Lord who created you... Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you For I am the Lord your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine how you feel right now but I know God has known about these days for eternity and He has a plan. He never allows pain without a purpose. You are on my heart and in my prayers day and night. Let me know if there is anything else we need to do for you. Laurie

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

I love those verses from Isaiah 43, and Teesa, I have this great memory of you playing the guitar and leading us in singing those verses when we were in LJ together. God has such a great plan for Sam's life; he is in Great Hands!

Hollie Carson said...

We are praying CONSTANTLY. We love ya'll.
Hugh + Hollie