We had an extremely successful night at Perkinsville. Not only did we raise over $1900, but our church reached out to the community and brought in so many new faces!
I have more to say on that, but it will have to wait until later.
The bad news is that we saw Sam's cardiologist today and he has to have surgery to fix a lead (wire) going to his heart. It will be scheduled for late August.
Ups and downs are part of everyone's lives. It seems like ours are a bit more dramatic, but I swear we're not aiming for that! Please keep Sam in your prayers.
Sam was accidentally knocked down last night, which led to a fat lip, road rash above his lip and on his knees and various bruising.
4 comments:
I hate to hear that Sam will have to have the surgery. I was hoping and praying that things were much better heart-wise. I know that you must feel anxious about this as well as the timing of everything. It just doesn't seem fair but I realize that none of this is a surprise to God and that He is in control. I will be praying for you guys.
He looks like a tough boy in this picture. "You want summa dis?" :)
Sam is such a treasure. Know we're praying.
Oh gosh, hard to believe that Sam needs a heart operation, he's such an active boy. We'll be praying for him. Hope the lip is better now. Franklin says Hi.
Okay the fat lip... oh the joys of the fast and furious.. Justin had more knots on his head than any child in our neighborhood. ;) Gotta love that they are out playing! :)
We will be praying for Sam's up coming surgery. I'm so thankful he's got such good doctors...
take care!
Post a Comment