We have been so blessed over our short lives. God has blessed us with friends who are extremely loyal, loving and generous. Our friends will travel anywhere to see us, whether it be in China or in Western North Carolina. Over the last year, since we've been in Western NC, we have seen over five different families from our time overseas. That doesn't even include the friends who have traveled across the States to spend time with us (too many to count).
I have to say, I am always amazed at God's blessings in my life. They really are new every morning.
One incredible blessing we received recently was my plane ticket to China and back for the adoption. We met our friends, Doug and Nina, at a big conference in Sevierville and they happened to be our hosts for the weekend. We instantly fell in love with them. They have a huge heart for China. They have been our prayer warriors through difficult times and have helped pray Sam out of the hospital on many occasions.
We were privileged to stay with them on our way to Nashville for my grandfather's funeral. As we were leaving, Nina pulled me aside and said that they would like to become a part of Carolina's story - part of her history with our family - by buying my plane tickets.
Not only did they buy my plane tickets, but they got me First Class tickets ALL THE WAY THERE AND BACK!!
Poor Bill is on the same plane on the way home, but he's going to be in coach!
I just wanted to publicly say thank you to Doug and Nina. They are sweet angels who have blessed one of the most difficult parts of this journey in a way I cannot express.
Those of you who know me well know that I have low blood pressure and sometimes pass out during take off. Knowing that I am going to have to fly all by myself over there has made me quite nervous. Now that I know I will be taken care of in a big way AND at the front of the plane (which sometimes helps my blood pressure) has relieved an enormous amount of anxiety (that I shouldn't have been feeling, I know).
Thanks to all of you who have helped us make sweet memories for Carolina's journey home. This has been an incredible story and I can't wait to share it with her one day.
6 comments:
Ya'll have some amazing friends in this family. I'm sitting here crying....
I've never flown first class you'll have to let me know how it is;-)
Speaking of friends coming to our neck of the woods...Domisty - are you still coming on the 5th? That's the ONLY day I can take Sam to see Thomas - should I make reservations for a certain time?
We will be there on June 5th (Friday) and our train ride is at 9:30 (I think- my mom has the tickets but I'll check with her & let you know).
I figured you would be too busy since you are leaving the next day but that would be great to see ya'll before your trip!!
I'll be there this Friday and make reservations for the 9:30 train, unless you tell me otherwise. How exciting!!
He is good, isn't He!
I checked and we have the 9:30 train ride- see you then!
Post a Comment