Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Update on Carolina

I got an email this morning with a surprise update on Carolina! I had written a couple days ago asking about her updated weight and height, but our translator said the door was still closed and we wouldn't be able to get any more information.

However, something must have changed, because this morning she wrote and here's the report:

Height: 28.7 inches (73cm)
Weight: 16.5 lbs (7.5kg)
Foot: 4.3 inches (11cm)

She's grown almost 3 inches taller, weighs one pound more and her foot size has increased 1 whole centimeter from late March!

I'm really encouraged by this information. It will help me pack better for her and it helps me know that she is still growing, which is obviously a great sign. I still am surprised by how large her feet are compared to her height and weight - I wonder if it's like a puppy? She's meant to be a lot larger and her feet are an indication of how big she'll grow?

We shall see!

Don't forget our spaghetti dinner tomorrow night.

6 comments:

Nan said...

So good to hear! We are praying for you and your family! Are you taking Sam with you to China?

Teesa said...

No. If we could take Sam to China, we'd be living there for sure. He'll have to stay here with various relatives and friends. He'll be taken good care of though.

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

4.3 inches is a big foot? :-) I kow y'all are getting excited.

Nan said...

We'll add him to the pray list then!I didn't figure you would be taking him, but I wasn't sure.

noahandlylasmommi said...

That is great Teesa. So glad she is growing!

Teesa said...

Big foot for such a shorty!