Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Update

Many of you have written and are asking where I am or how I am. I obviously haven't been much in the mood for writing or communicating with anybody.

After my grandfather was taken to the hospital, the doctors quickly realized he was dying. They moved him to the room across from my grandmother's and moved her bed right next to his so they could hold hands. Her family was with him - daughters, sons, grandchildren...They all loved him so much and were able to tell him so before he passed away. They said it was so amazing, because just before he died all of his blemishes faded away. You see, he had melanoma and had many spots on his head and body. My grandmother said he was absolutely beautiful in passing.

What a great relief it is to know that God blessed him with such a peaceful death.

His funeral was also quite beautiful. But, it thundered and poured the whole time. We never made it to the graveside because of the mud and torrential downpour.

During the seven hour drive home, the grief came in waves. I imagine this will last a long time. I have never in my life lost someone so close to me. He was one of my best friends.

Thanks to everyone who has been praying for me and my family. We still need it.

4 comments:

Nan said...

Thanks for the update. We will keep you in our prayers!

Caroline said...

I was so sorry to hear about your grandfather's death. It's never easy to lose someone you love - and it sounds like he left quite a legacy for his family.

Trish said...

Always thinking of you, Teesa. My shoulder is here if you need it.

With love,
Trish

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

I have never heard of such a beautiful passing. The Lord is good. Still praying for you. Love you.