Life has continued at our household despite not having a computer to connect us to the world during the daylight hours. Bill has been bringing home his work laptop and offering me a chance to catch up with friends once the kids are in bed.
Playing with a caterpillar
Today was the first full sunny day we've had in over a week and we were definitely feeling water-logged. We all need to get out in the sun just to feel better in general. We've kept up our normal activities, which Sam is doing great with so far. His stamina is just about where it should be for a child who is about to turn THREE next week.
Lounging in the rocking chair after church
Carolina is progressing so much. She's saying even more words and her agility is progressing as well. Just this morning she was doing Tae Bo with me. HA! Sam just kept asking, "why did that man take his shirt off?" I had to explain that Billy Blanks was just so hot and sweaty he didn't need a shirt. It was a good explanation because Sam and Carolina both went without shirts yesterday during a two-hour stint of sunshine we had.
Sam has a cardiology appointment next Thursday, so we'll be able to see exactly how his heart has been over the last five weeks. I can't believe it's been that long since his surgery. I can't believe the child below is the very same child who is in the picture above. God is amazing and has done an amazing work in both of my children.
Sam in the PICU
But life is moving on for us. Despite the fact that there are quite a few friends falling ill with H1N1 here in town (we're praying for you), Sam and Carolina have remained healthy. I am continuing good hygiene with them, but mostly just praying.
I have so much more to say, but will end on this note. God is good. I'm so proud of my children and what they are learning about Him every day in life and at our amazing and wonderful church (which Bill was just voted to be a deacon in on Sunday!). I am learning so much through my children as well, especially in my relationship with Christ.
Enjoy your week!
1 comment:
Aww - I loved this post - you sound so good! And Sam... 3? This fast? NO stinkin' way! Man, it seems like yesterday - or maybe the day before yesterday that we were in HK with you praying that he wouldn't come!
Life without a computer - oh wow. That's all I can say. Oh wow. I wonder if my inability to imagine that - means that maybe I need a few days off from mine? Hmm. :)
Love you!
Post a Comment