We had a weekend without Daddy here and not only survived it, but we finally made it to church on Sunday! It was an extremely exciting time for me, because it was the first time I had been without the kids for even 45 minutes in a long long time and a time to enjoy talking about the Bible with other adults. Carolina did exactly what I would have wanted her to do when I left her in the nursery. She cried for about 10 minutes after I left and then got back to playing. She was happy to see me when I returned too.
Sam is now in big boy Sunday School as well, and learned a Bible verse as well as a Bible story. No more nursery for Sam...he'll be in Children's Church too. I didn't think it was fair to leave Carolina for longer than an hour on her first day in the nursery, so we left after Sunday School. But, it was definitely a great milestone for us.
Unfortunately, our final computer, the desktop, died on Saturday night. Bill has been trying to fix it all day, but the parts are nowhere to be found on the mountain. The laptop died about 6 months ago.
Nevertheless, life goes on. Bill has a work laptop that I can use at nighttime, so at least I can keep up with a portion of what's going on out there.
Meanwhile, we went to the library story time today and had a wonderful time. It reminded me, once again, of why I love living in a small town. The librarian who Sam loves the most (and talks about on a daily basis) had no idea that Sam had had surgery (four weeks ago today!!) and doted all over him for the rest of our time there. Another librarian went out to my car to put a parking pass in it so I wouldn't have to lug both kids out there. His favorite librarian pulled tons of books on construction equipment and a few extras because of his inquisitive attitude towards life. We left with a canvas bag FULL of books. It was great to be in public again.
I'm praying hard over these kiddos and using a ton of hand sanitizer, plus washing hands a lot. Sam knows the ONE rule I have is to not put his hands in his mouth while we're out. It seems to be working so far. So...we're thrilled to be out and about again. Sam is still tiring easily, but that just means nap time is longer than normal. Oh, and Carolina has moved to a toddler bed and hasn't fallen out of it in almost a week now. So, as I said...life is moving FAST here!
3 comments:
Nice to hear about life "on the mountain." :)
Wow! I can't believe that Carolina is in a toddler bed... I am SO stalling switching Nate. :) I plan to keep him in his crib where he can't get out for awhile still.
And way to go making it to church! I was so excited for you to have that time 'off' :)
Lots of love to you!
Erica
I will try to be on skype more so we can talk your evenings...
Glad things are going well !!
Can't wait to see a picture of Carolina in her toddler bed. 3 weeks till vacation!
Post a Comment