Monday, September 11, 2006

Hospital nights

I spent yet another night in labor and delivery last night. Fortunately, this time I was at a private hospital where they treated me like a person and not just one of many cattle being herded through. We are so grateful to the Lord for allowing us to move to the private sector here in Hong Kong.

I started having some strange sharp pains in my lower abdomen yesterday and my doctor suggested I go in to the hospital for monitoring. While I was there I had a mama-jama contraction, that was actually two back-to-back and lasted about 4 minutes. It was quite painful and the nurses got really upset. They ended up keeping me overnight so they could monitor me. I am still not progressing towards labor though, which is fantastic. I have another 6 days before I am considered full-term (at 37 weeks on Sunday). Bill even got to spend the night with me - he slept in a Lazy Boy. It was great to have him by my side.


We have 26 days left till Sammy's due date!


I was released this morning and told to resume normal activities (which is resting a lot and maybe a two-hour trip out each day). Bill and I finally start our pre-natal classes tomorrow. We'll be able to figure out what kind of birth plan to make and what is really going to happen. It seems strange to be this late in the pregnancy before learning this stuff, but I've been on bedrest and couldn't set up long enough to take the classes.

Meanwhile, we're still playing Monopoly with my mother and she's still hanging around, despite my laughing incessantly when she lands on my property and has to give me lots of money. Patient lady, she is.

Keep praying for Sammy to stay in until the Lord calls him out.

1 comment:

Hollie Carson said...

i miss and love you two a lot. i'm praying that the Lord will keep sammy in until He calls him out.