Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Still waiting

We are still here in Hong Kong, and have been here for six weeks tomorrow. It doesn't seem like it's been that long, but on the other hand, it seems like just yesterday when we arrived. Little Sam is kicking like crazy - I had heard that the bigger they get the softer their kicks are because there's no room left. Well, he is definitely defying all logic and when I look down at my belly it's like there's an alien in there! I'm thrilled to know that he's healthy and strong, but my muscles are absolutely killing me. I haven't slept in who-knows-how-long and my belly feels very stiff when I get up in the mornings.

However, our opinions haven't changed at all - we prayed for four and a half years for this child and we are grateful to God, our Provider, for giving him to us. What a blessing!

My mother is here in Hong Kong with us, a real necessity when we first arrived. Bill isn't useless in the kitchen, but he certainly does need help, so my mother has graciously offered her services. She has been making us some great comfort foods like beef stroganoff and spaghetti a-la-Sandra. What a real treat. I have definitely gained weight (and so has Sammy) since she's been here. I've already grown an inch around my belly since my mother arrived five weeks ago.

Some friends of ours are in town too and we have enjoyed eating meals with them. I am allowed out on short excursions now and we have been taking advantage of the Webels being here so we can join them (at restaurants like Ruby Tuesdays and Outback Steakhouse).

Bill has been a real support during this time. He seems to be able to take all the hormones I throw at him in stride. He's a real "troopa." What a man of God he has shown himself to be. I am so proud to call him the Love of my life.

Enough sappy stuff. On with the resting...and waiting...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Teesa, you look GREAT! :) I'm so GLAD you have gotten a blog. Now keeping up won't be so hard! :)

I'm so glad that things are going well and that you and little Sam are healthy. We will continue to pray for his safe arrival and your health as well.

Bill Kudos on being an AWSOME HUBBY!

We will be praying for you as well....

blessings to you all!

melissa and dw....

Hollie Carson said...

Klears,
I'm glad that you two are bloggers now. Teesa, you really do look great. Bill, you look the same.