Two years ago today I ended my 23.5 hour struggle of contractions (really three months, if you count all the bed rest contractions) and 4 hours of pushing. Sam William Klear was born to us in Hong Kong.
He didn't cry after he was born - not even for the first three days. All the nurses kept betting that he would cry before he left the hospital, and he finally did on day four.
God really has His hand on this child. We never thought he'd make it when I was put into a Chinese hospital for a week for pre-term labor at 26 weeks pregnancy. I flew to Thailand for another week immediately following and then back to China. After two more weeks of pre-term labor and one very intense night of contractions 5-7 minutes apart, I flew to Hong Kong where I was transferred from the plane to an ambulance on a gurney. I stayed in the hospital for another week and a half and then went to an apartment where I stayed on my left side for three months.
I still can't believe he is with us. That doesn't even include all of the other issues we've had since returning to America, but you all know those stories.
What a blessing to have my little boy. I don't think it's a coincidence that I dreamt about his sister last night for the first time. By next year, we will have four in our family, celebrating his birthday together.
Happy Birthday, Sam!!
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Sam! We love you so much and are SO thankful for your life. We will continue to pray for you as we anticipate all that God has ahead for you.
Wish we could give you big hugs today!
Love,
Webels
Oh, I cried when I read this. Sam is so special to us. And he is a testimony to God's goodness.
And looking back at those pictures, I can't believe how much hair he had at his one-year birthday! :)
Happy Birthday, Sweet Sam!
P.S. Did you get your birthday present? I hope it made it in time.
Happy Birthday, Sam! We love you very much and are soooo very glad that you are a part of our lives!
Love,
Trish, Brian and Elijah
that was so sweet!!! made me get choked up! happy birthday Sam!!!
Way to make the pregnant girl cry, Teesa!
I am late with birthday wishes but we send our birthdays hugs to you, Sam!
Happy Belated Sam,
What wonderful pictures of a wonderful day!!
Beth
Post a Comment