Thank you to everyone who is helping with this legislation. Please don't forget, on top of the petition:
Today, send an email in support of the Joint Council Position Paper on I-600A Renewals to Joint Council at advocate@jcics.org and the Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute at mark@ccainstitute.org
Please say something like:
This legislation violates the idea that was initially presented to
adoptive parents. Adoptive parents to be grandfather-claused in and not included in the new legislation. Please do not add time, paperwork and extra expense to
their already difficult wait. The orphans are also the ones suffering because of this change.
Thank you for your consideration,
(your name)
Original post follows:
ave a very important request to ask of you regarding international adoption. I need you to sign a petition to USCIS and Congress to get them to honor our original I-600A form (immigration), and nearly 10,000 other people's.
Congress' original intention was that ALL families who had entered into the adoption process prior to April 2008 be allowed to complete the adoptions with the pre-Hague regulations. Many families will not even qualify under the Hague regulations as they are similar to the new regulations that went into effect in China after May 2007.
What can YOU do?
There is an organization that is taking a petition to USCIS and Congress to get them to honor the original I-600A agreement. But it needs letters and signatures, before the 16th.
Please go to this website:
http://www.jcics.org/5WaystoHelp.htm
On #2 send a short email to the 2 links requesting they honor our I-600A original application and allow additional extensions until the adoption is completed. The burden of spending thousands more for the adoptions is not right.
On #3 Sign the petition and anyone else you can think of! You have to sign in individually to do this as only one person at a time can sign it.
On #4 Contact your Congressional Senators and Representatives to support granting additional extension to original I-600A applications until the adoption is completed - on October 14, 15 and 16th.
And in addition, be praying that Congress and USCIS will honor the families in the adoption process by granting as many I-600A extensions as needed to the families in process.
You know that we have been in the process of adoption for many years. Please please help us - the least you can do is to sign the petition. Please.
5 comments:
I have signed, Teesa, and my thoughts are with you, Bill, Sam and Carolina.
Trish
I sent the email and signed the petition. It took fewer than 5 minutes, even with an interruption from my 2-year-old.
Don't put it off; we can all do this for the Klears and so many others.
Let's rally for Carolina; she needs to come home soon!
-Shannon
I signed, Teeasa. That is just horrible and frustrating. I hope they do what is right!
You guys are in my prayers. I just sent the email and Myk and I signed the petition.
Karen
I signed it and will send emails to those addresses as well. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.
Post a Comment