Sunday, October 12, 2008

Nigerian Dwarf Goats!

Please see the post below entitled "Adoption Emergency" if you haven't already. We, along with nearly ten thousand others, really need your help to change the legislation that is going to be discussed later this week.




You've heard me talk before about how cool our neighborhood is. Well, it just got a little cooler. Our next-door-neighbors just adopted three Nigerian Dwarf goats!! A grandmother, a mother and her two week-old baby.





Sam and I walked over today to meet the new goats and they are really neat. The baby, Sweet Pea, is especially cute.



Sam got to sit in a chair and hold her, but that didn't tickle him like playing with her back leg and tail did. I don't know why he has a fascination with tails, but he does. You can ask any random stranger with a dog at the Greenway. He loves playing with tails.





Our neighbor also has lots of chickens and a few turkeys. Sam and I brought some stale bread over and he got to feed them today too. Have you ever eaten a turkey egg? Well, I have and they are absolutely delicious. Really robust in flavor.



I am talking with a good friend of mine who knows tons about goats and asking her about recipes. I know from my time in China that goats milk is extremely healthy. I can't wait to fatten my boy up with some!

4 comments:

noahandlylasmommi said...

How cute. Those are adorable!

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

Huh! Those goats are uber cute! I was wondering, reading your post, if these are milking goats... I have just started trying to give Lilly goats' milk this week, but it's not fresh. I wonder if I could talk Jojo into some goats and chickens for the backyard! :)

Teesa said...

I think it would just be easier if you convinced your neighbor to have them!

Hollie Carson said...

How precious is that baby goat!!!