We had an awesome time at Sam's party
yesterday. Unfortunately, no family members were able to be there, but our substitute family members filled in perfectly.
Jenny, one of my best friends and college roommate, came in from Durham just for the party. We had lots of other friends, some old some new, and it made for an amazing party.
Sam and Lillian
We picked raspberries, pears, apples, we had wagon rides, ate Carolina Treat chicken (grilled), homemade salsa, homemade dip, and, of course, homemade cake!

I had every one bring a train of their choosing for Sam and he also got a new train table. A lot of the trains he got fit perfectly into his new table and some of them are great for
bath time fun or just rolling around the house. His grandparents in Thailand sent a large train-shaped toy box. Some people gave books about trains and I am here to tell you that he loved every single gift.

After the first few presents, he would say, "more presents,
pweeze!" Then he began saying "more trains!!" I was surprised that there were only two repeats with the trains too. It's amazing how many train toys there are out there!

There were three little boys there who all have birthdays within three weeks of each other and one little girl who is the oldest of them all. This is
Trathan (pronounced like Nathan). His birthday is on October 8
th - my original due date.

Elijah is on the right, he's the oldest of the three. Everyone got along really well too.

Trathan's Daddy pulled them around the yard, which was no small feat, since it is a sloping yard.

I thought this was a sweet photo, because Jenny always helps open Sam's gifts at his birthday parties.

Last year she only had one kid waiting on her and this year she had two! Now that I look at the photos, I notice that both gifts Jenny had to help with were from Bill's Aunt Beth.
Hmmm, I wonder why her gifts are always tied in so well?
Thanks to everyone who helped make it a great party. Sam's guayavera (shirt) is from Mexico given by his Aunt Julieta and Uncle Seth. His aunts and uncles all sent gifts via the mail and we really appreciated every one of them.
Some folks (who don't have kids) stayed until about 11pm last night. We watched a movie and looked at old pictures that Bill just brought back from China and laughed until our sides hurt. What a blessing to have friends like that in our lives!
Happy Birthday, Sam!
5 comments:
Yay! It sounds like the PERFECT birthday party. How fun... and your cake looks great. I'm so glad Sam had a blast. We really wish we could have been there. Love you guys!
What a fun party! Wish we could have gone! Love you all!
he is so cute with hid train conductor outfit :) glad he had a great time and lots of friends to share it with. The cake turned out great. Your prictures make me want to live in the country so bad!!!
I thought the cake looked great!! I could never do anything like that- I have no talent.
Glad he had a great birthday!
Happy Birthday Sam!!! Looks like he had a fun time! You did a great job on the cake-I'm sure it tasted as great as it looked!!! I thought about Sam as we celebrated on the 2nd...Ethan and Sam...birthday buddies!!!
Post a Comment