Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Jump Rope for Heart

Our ten year-old nephew, Nicholas, is raising support for the American Heart Association by jump roping. Here's what he said about it:

Hi! I am participating in the Jump Rope for Heart event at my school. I will begin jumping rope next week and will continue until the end of the month. Will you please donate to help me with my goals and the goals of the American Heart Association?

Your donation to the American Heart Association is tax deductible. If you make an online donation, you will receive a confirmation email for your tax deduction.

I have to turn in all of my donations by Tuesday, March 31, 2009.

Thank you for supporting The American Heart Association's Jump Rope for Heart program.

I am jumping in memory of my great-grandfather, Vic McDonald. He had heart disease his entire life and recently passed away because of it and I am jumping in honor of my cousin Sam who has a heart condition. I want to try to help as many people as I can by doing my part in finding cures for heart disease.



Click here to see his website. (That's not his picture on the site.)

This is obviously a subject close to our hearts and we are thrilled that he is jumping in memory of Bill's grandfather and in honor of our little Sam. AMA does a lot of great work towards researching heart disease. While much of it is for adult heart issues, there is a small portion that goes towards congenital heart defects. If you have some money to spare, please donate to a good cause. Also, if you want to donate less than $25, post a comment (I won't publish it) with your email address so I can let you know where to send the check (made out to AHA).

Blessings.

2 comments:

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

That's a good nephew!

noahandlylasmommi said...

That is so awesome Teesa! What a sweet boy!