Friday, March 06, 2009

Lost

I had all these great photos of Sam in the foot-deep snow we had a couple days ago. But, we lost all of them due to a new piece of hardware corrupting all the files. I'm so bummed.

I have no idea how to get my photos onto the computer now, because Bill re-installed Windows and we realized only too late that our software for uploading the photos is in our storage unit - in CHINA.

In other news, Sam has a cardiology appointment next Thursday in Greensboro and then a pediatric urology appointment on the 16th in Gastonia. The one in Gastonia will be a consultation and then they'll let us know what the plan is.

No news on the adoption front yet either.

6 comments:

Steve said...

Are the files corrupted on the camera memory card? If so, there are some utilities out there that can attempt to recover the files. I don't know the exact ones for the Windows platform, but I know they exists.

It's worth a try before giving up and reformatting the memory card.

Wife of the Pres. said...

Do you have a printer that has a card slot? I have been able to download "corrupted" files that the computer refused to open this way. You might try it. If you have the card, you could also go to Tarjay or anywhere that has a photo kiosk. You can just have them converted on there and put on a CD or go ahead and print the ones you want. Maybe?

Teesa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teesa said...

Thanks for the advice guys! Let's just say the card is no longer with us at this time. You can write me an email if you want to know where it is.

I have told him about this option (for the program that can recover the corrupted file), but he said it's a really expensive one - like $40-50. So, we're just going to try to use up other cards first and then if he has to overwrite that one, we'll just call it a wash. Otherwise, when my father comes back from Thailand in June, we can use his program.

Thanks again!

noahandlylasmommi said...

Oh no! Sorry that you lost those. I hope Sam's appts go well.

noahandlylasmommi said...

Love you too!