We got some bad news today that the Shaohannah's Hope adoption grant we applied for was denied. Too many applicants not enough money. And two days ago, we found out that the timing belt in Bill's car is gone, so it will cost more money than his car is worth to fix it. Ahh, and the dreaded rash that sent me to the expensive ER on Sunday has come back with a fury today (it's really angry!) so I need to go back to the doctor this afternoon. Thank God for insurance.
With all the financial strains on everybody right now, obviously not just us, I just want to remind myself and you that God is with us. My favorite verses that have been our life verses since Sam was created in my womb have been:
Isaiah 43:4 -7
This is what the Lord, our Creator, says to his people:
"Since you were precious in My sight,
You have been honored,
And I have loved you;
Therefore I will give men for you,
And people for your life.
Fear not, for I am with you;
I will bring your descendants from the east,
And gather you from the west;
I will say to the north, 'Give them up!'
And to the south, 'Do not keep them back!'
Bring My sons from afar,
And My daughters from the ends of the earth--
Everyone who is called by My name,
Whom I have created for My glory;
I have formed him, yes, I have made him."
This is what the Lord, our Creator, says to his people:
"Since you were precious in My sight,
You have been honored,
And I have loved you;
Therefore I will give men for you,
And people for your life.
Fear not, for I am with you;
I will bring your descendants from the east,
And gather you from the west;
I will say to the north, 'Give them up!'
And to the south, 'Do not keep them back!'
Bring My sons from afar,
And My daughters from the ends of the earth--
Everyone who is called by My name,
Whom I have created for My glory;
I have formed him, yes, I have made him."
I don't know what any of our futures hold, but these words have spoken to my heart time and time again. Today, they are reminding me of the calling God put in my life to adopt a little girl from China. My descendants will come from the east, my daughters from the ends of the earth...And, most importantly of all, I shouldn't fear because He is with me.
No matter what the financial blow your family has been dealt, God will see you through this time. Somehow He will create families despite the difficulties and carry us through.
5 comments:
Well said friend. Praying for you today!
Forgot..."dry-glass potatoes"???
hmmm, dry-glass potatoes you ask? More on that later, my friend. :)
I am praying for you. I hope you can get rid of that rash!
Teesa, thank you for posting those verses; I needed that too today! Praying for your rash to be completely gone.
"I am my Beloved's and His desire is for me."
Song of Solomon 7:10
Post a Comment