We just got back from our trip to see the pediatric urologist. Poor Sam. The doctor was asking a few questions about Brugada Syndrome, but wasn't interested enough in my opinion. I guess it's because he had other things in mind for Sam instead of performing surgery.
He pulled apart the opening with his fingers and no anesthetic or instruments. Man can that kid cry. Apparently, his meatal stenosis wasn't bad enough to warrant surgery, thank God. But, it did warrant a pretty rough visit. So, I have instructions on how to care for him over the next few days and the doctor threw in a few more instructions for good measure. One of which was to not allow Sam to go more than two hours between urinating. So, we'll make sure to take him really often.
Thanks for everyone's prayers! This was an option I didn't even foresee and I really am happy with it. We don't have to go back for any follow-up visits and everything else looks great.
4 comments:
WOW - didn't see that one coming - neither did Sam, poor guy! I'm glad it saved him from having surgery, though.
Praying for you.
Yippee for no surgery, butman that must have hurt! Thankful, shouldn't remember it?!?!
I'm glad that things went well and hope that Sam is feeling better!
Yikes! Well, at least Sam doesn't need to have surgery!
Post a Comment