Friday, February 27, 2009

"The Caress"

Earlier today Sam and I were reading his book "365 Days of Baby Einstein." It contains all kinds of cultural learning tools, including paintings. Sam and I both love this book.

We checked out "The Caress" by Mary Cassatt, painted in 1902 and I asked him all the accompanying questions:

  • Point to the baby's belly button. Can you find your own belly button?
  • Look at the girl kissing the baby. Do you think she's the baby's older sister?
  • What do you think these girls are named?

To which he responded:

The little girl's name is Lilly Baye (a little girl we played with in playgroup this morning). The baby is Madi (a friend from church who is his age). The woman - well, she's Joanna, our next door neighbor.

Joanna, if you're reading this, I want you to know how much Sam loves you. He obviously sees you as a loving and caring woman who is beautiful inside and out. He's right, you know.

I wish I could see everyone through Sam's eyes.

3 comments:

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

I'm still laughing. Sure wish I was that thin and didn't need glasses. But, thank you dear Sam.

Renee' said...

Hey friend!! Forgive you for being human? No way!! :-) Teesa, I am longing for the day when you hold sweet Carolina, what a story you will have for her. LORD Please let it be soon!!!

Nan said...

Thanks for the invite! It sounds wonderful! Do you know when Tweetsie opens?